Show reviews that mention
order credit card customer products card customer service money credit account service
Filter review

PURITY Products

We are very sorry to hear that you experienced a side effect when using our fish oil. Fish oil is not a ‘food’ but rather it is a dietary supplement that contains concentrated, purified fish oil. Fish oil is one of the most widely consumed dietary supplements. Fish oil is non-toxic and generally regarded as safe. According to the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), more than 160 foods are known to cause allergic reactions in the sensitive population. The FDA identifies the eight most common allergenic foods, which account for 90 percent of all allergic reactions. These 8 include: Fish, Shellfish, Milk, Eggs, Peanuts, Tree Nuts, Wheat and Soy. These eight foods and any ingredient that contains protein derived from one or more of them are designated as “major food allergens” by the Food Allergen Labeling Consumer Protection Act (FALCPA) and as such, dietary supplements must indicate on the label when any of these allergens are present in the product. We hope this explanation is satisfactory. If not please call our Customer Care Manager, Joel Joseph, at 1-888-769-7873.
ID

I received the free radio offer for Omega 3 oils the Advanced D. After taking for about a week I noticed my feet and hands swelling and I mean I could hardly get my shoes on and could not remove the rings on my fingers. I stopped taking the products and the swelling went away. I started taking them again and the swelling came back the next day.

IMO opinion these products were poisoning my system. I phoned PURITY Products, cancelled any further shipments and reported my issues with the products.

This is 'fractured' food and is NOT as represented.

I’m very sorry to hear that you experienced a side effect when using our Ultra Pure Omega 3. We are never happy to learn that a customer has had an allergic reaction to one of our products.

Omega 3 fish oil is not a ‘food’ but rather it is a dietary supplement that contains concentrated, purified fish oil. Fish oil is one of the most widely consumed dietary supplements. Fish oil is non-toxic and generally regarded as safe.

According to the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) more than 160 foods are known to cause allergic reactions in the sensitive population. The FDA identifies the eight most common allergenic foods which account for 90 percent of all allergic reactions.

Since you were trying this product as part of a Free Bottle promotion, please know that we have several other products that DO NOT contain fish oil that could provide you with the benefits you were hoping for. Please call our Customer Care Management Team at Toll Free 888-769-7873 and they can help you select a different product which we will be happy to send you as a replacement.

Purity Products's reply to:

Purity Products (Health supplements)

We are sorry you had this experience. We want to make sure this issue was resolved, but unfortunately we don't have your contact information. If this issue is still unresolved, please call our Customer Care Manager, Joel Joseph, at 1-888-769-7873. He will make sure this matter is taken care of to your full satisfaction.
ID

Never order from this company- Purity Products. Even if they say they will send you a free order sample. They continue to send product.

It is impossible to cancel. Other poster complained they are hounded by Purity Product solicitation calls.

That must be why I spent 2 weeks trying to get them on the phone to cancel my order. I have never been able to reach them. I tried contact through their web site. Surprise! Nothing gets through.

In desperation I called their order line. It's a call center, but operator told me she gets irate calls all the timer trying to cancel with Purity Products. She gave me suggestions but none have worked.

I am calling my bank and my credit card company and the radio station where my husband heard their ad. I may call my state attorney general.

I was told to got to the company web site to claim a $20.00 Gift Certificate in connection with an trial order I placed> The web site has ZERO information on how to clain the gift certificate . I find this to be not only frsutrating but misleading and am now very skepitcal of the company's business practices

MAN *** PURITY PRODUCTS.... CHARGING *** WITHOUT ASKING WHAT THE ***!!

WE ALL SHOULD SUE THIS *** BIG TIME .. OH ITS IN THE PROCESS

View more comments (1)
Purity Products's reply to:

Purity Products does not like you to cancel orders you never wanted to begin with

We believe this issue has been resolved. We’ve attempted to reach you by e-mail to confirm. We haven’t received a confirmation from you. If you feel this issue is still pending, please call our Customer Care Manager, Joel Joseph, at 1-888-769-7873. He is willing and able to resolve this to your full satisfaction.

Verified Reviewer

I would caution anyone against doing service with Purity Products. I called to get our "free sample" (which I actually paid HIGH shipping costs for) and they told me I was going to start being sent regular shipments of the product unless I called to cancel.

My husband called to cancel, sat on hold for 15 minutes, and then they refused our cancellation because "we don't like to cancel until you've tried the whole bottle. Call us back when your sample is gone." So I called back to cancel after the whole bottle was gone, sat on hold for 15 minutes, and then they wouldn't speak with me because my credit card has my husband's name on it. You would have thought I was calling to withdraw money from someone else's bank account or to make important changes to someone's mortgage information rather than to simply cancel this product I never wanted shipments of in the first place. This company does NOT like people to cancel it's products as you can tell from my experience...they make their money by sending products to people they never wanted in the first place.

Unless you want a complicated process and a lot of hassle, don't even bother trying their free product in the first place. They will answer the phone instantly when you are placing a free product order, but they won't cooperate and keep you on hold for a long time to cancel.

I have tried contacting Purity Products customer service twice since my bad experience with them, but they don't bother to respond to concerns even though their website says they respond to customer complaints/concerns within 48 hours.

And HI, this company isn't honest. They don't do what you ask them to do.

It's no doubt a scam to get you to buy more products, however a snake oil salesman is a snake oil salesman. When you order your FREE sample, they do tell you on the phone that you will receive future products and your credit card will be bill X amount of $$ unless you cancel.

Then they ask you if you agree. At that point you must be very insistent that you only want the free sample and that your card is NOT to be billed for anything else, but the shipping for the free sample. You have to be firm and insistent at this point. If they do not agree, you must tell them to forget it and NOT to send anything and not to bill you.

You get the persons name and that's that.

Yes it is a scam and yes you need to be responsible and remember, the saying that "there's no such thing as a free lunch" exists for a reason.

Infomercials cost these companies lots of money and it is good revenue for the radio station.

You're better off going to your local health food store and talking with a certified nutritionist.

Well, my husband ordered the free bottles, agreed to the shipping, gave this company his debit card number, they took out the shipping of $7.95, which I thought was fair, until today, now they have taken $99.99 out of our checking account, not authorized, and illegal. This company is a rip off!

Very misleading and will hear from my attorney if it isn't reversed immediately. After reading all of these complaints, I'm sure he will enjoy this case.

I love purity products, they even refunded money for three empty bottles i returned. What other company would do that with no complaint, and gave me a 60 days return privilege that was even extended to 90 days.

Trisha, what exactly is misleading about the comment? Just because the customer orders a FREE bottle does NOT mean they want a subscription of the stuff.

They wanted the FREE bottle, end of story, done with Purity Products unless they decided they liked the free bottle and wanted to call back, not have an ongoing order practically forced upon them and to have their credit card used by the company to send ongoing shipments. They didn't say that paying for the FREE bottle was the problem to begin with, even though a free $10 bottle IS misleading on the part of Purity Products. And Vince, I don't hear anyone NOT taking responsibility for their actions. They ordered a FREE bottle, as was advertised on the radio, never intending to get shipments in the first place.

They only wanted to try the sample. No one was wanting any free lunch.

They wanted to pay for their sample and be left to it, not forced into trying a product that obviously can't sell of it's own merit. Admit it, if the pills were THAT good, wouldn't customers be beating down the door of Purity Products to get more after they tried the free bottle instead of having the order forced on them (regardless of whether they are allowed to cancel or not?) Maybe YOU figured there would be some kind of subscription thing, but not everyone is a business person and they don't imagine there is small print not being read on the radio...and that doesn't mean they are dumb, it means there are misleading companies out there who don't call a spade a spade and tell you what you are getting yourself into from the very beginning.

I am not necesarily a supporter of all ecommerce retailers as it is often hit or miss, but I had a good experience with the cancellation policy at Purity. They try to keep the customer with options but will cancel and credit an order if you pass on the alternatives offered. Much better than most other shops.

The commercial states, "Try Our Product" Not "Sign up for life." Their statement "Cancel at anytime" makes this process sound much easier than it truthfully is. Snake-Oil salesmen at least had the decency to leave town after they had done their dastardly deed.

These enterprises parasitic behavior leaves little doubt where they truly make their money, and it's not from the honest demand for their product. Anyone who defends these practices has either never been a victim of these predators or is one.

Sour Grapes! Take responsibility for your actions.

Why did you order a "free" bottle to begin with, and then cancel the continuing shipments almost immediately? I heard the same radio advert today myself, and figured there would be some kind of subscription thing. TANSTAAFL is all I can say.

Also, I agree with their policy of the Cardholder having to cancel the subscription. I know from experience that they have probably been yelled at by a customer who's "relative" called in to change an account profile, but that "relation" had no authority to do so.

well, i think your title may be a bit misleading, you DID in fact order the first bottle, regardless of shipping costs, or you never would have gotten anything in the mail and they would not have any of your credit card information. So to state that you didn't want it in the first place may be a bit incorrect?? :roll

View more comments (7)

Your trust is our top priority

• 100% user-generated content
  • Professional automated and live moderation
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Equal Opportunity and Protection