Show reviews that mention
order credit card customer products card customer service money credit account service
Filter review

Purity Products - Canceling auto ship takes 30minutes and may not stop it

We are sorry you had this experience. We have been in business for over 20 years and have more than two million customers and are still growing because of our commitment to customer service. According to our records, your order was successfully cancelled. If for any reason you feel this issue is still unresolved, please call our Customer Care Manager, Joel Joseph, at 1-888-769-7873. He will make sure this matter is taken care of to your full satisfaction.
Loss

You can not cancel your auto ship online or by email. Which is amazing because most honest companies will let you.

I feel this is because they know their product is a load of BS and the harder they make it to cancel the more they can get from your pocket book. After spending 30 minutes trying to cancel it and failing my next choice is to cancel the card. What honest company runs a business like that?

Think about this company before doing business with them.

You have been warned. I failed to do my do diligence so shame on me.

I was not even trying to get the 100 refund they talk about just cancel the auto ship and be done with them.

Purity Products - Charged for Product I didn't receive

Hi Joshlyn.

To recap the call we had with you on 5/22, we issued a refund for the last order. Please allow 3-5 business days for the credit to post back to your credit card. If you have any further issues, please call our Customer Care Manager, Joel Joseph, at 1-888-769-7873.
Loss

I called to cancel my account after the free bottle. I attempted to cancel when I moved in August.

Customer Service claims no receipt of a call from me although I know I called. I have not lived at that address since August and have been charged a total of almost $400 for product that I have not received!!

This is a scam!!!

I would greatly appreciate someone in authority contacting me or I will have no choice but to seek recourse with my bank. This is not a business operating with integrity and this is unfair to take advantage of a consumer...the old bait and switch.

Purity Products - No follow through

Hi Lyn,

As discussed on our call with you on 3/1, your free trial is on the way. For reference, the order number is 24553453. If you feel the issue is still unresolved, please call our Customer Care Manager, Joel Joseph, at 1-888-769-7873.

Update by user Mar 31, 2013

Thanks "Pissed Consumer"Because of the posting on your site I got a prompt response From Purity Products.The rep was very respectful and the sample product was received last week.I'm happy to say I have started using the product and if it is as good as previous Purity supplements I have used, I will certainly continue with it.

Thanks Purity Products for listening and actively ensuring customer satisfaction.

Original review posted by user Feb 28, 2013

I have had much success and do vouch for Purity Products "Joint Formula Supreme" which has now been replaced with a similar product and have been recommending them to many people.However if you do call in to try their radio advertised free monthly trial and not accept their "Auto Ship" plan you will not receive the product even though they have taken your credit card number to bill for the shipping.I have called in twice for "Co-Q-10 with Resveratrol and not received it.Very dissapointed with Purity Products and dont believe I will buy anything from them anymore.

Purity Products - T Flood

Hello,

We were unable to find an account with the e-mail address you provided.

We sent you an e-mail asking for more information so we can identify the account and to resolve the issue. However, we have not heard back from you.

Loss

I have been trying to cancel my automatic shipment order. I was placed on hold by the automatic response system once it was determined that I wanted to cancel.

I called three times in one day and waited on hold for 15, 20, and literally 30! minutes before hanging up. No time did anyone from the company answer the phone. The shipping label in the box states that you have to call them for a return authorization, but they never answer the phone.

I am left with no recourse but to cancel my credit card. This company is a rip off with unethical billing and shipping practices.

Purity Products - Unethical Practices in 15-Day Trial

Hi Valerie.

To recap the call we had with you, we confirmed that we issued a full credit for your last order. We explained that the first shipment comes about 15 days from the free bottle delivery date. We apologize for any inconvenience. If for any reason you feel the issue is still unresolved, please call our Customer Care Manager, Joel Joseph, at 1-888-769-7873.

Update by user Jan 16, 2013

I received a call the same day I submitted my complaint. A refund was given for the shipping charges for the order I received after the free trial and, in discussions today, I will receive a refund for the cost of returning the same order along with a free bottle of my choice of product.

If I choose to continue, I will receive a discount on future orders. I am satisfied with the outcome.

I stumbled on this site by accident and it paid off. The internet is a powerful resource for good and (unfortunately) bad.

Original review posted by user Jan 15, 2013

Telephone workers say one thing (trial begins from date of arrival at your location) but when you call to cancel you're told your shipment has been sent because the date of mailing begins the trial. How can that be, I can't try anything until I receive it?

When I call on the date in question, why has the next order already been mailed? When I return it, I have to pay. So, I'm out the original shipping cost, the new shipping cost and the return cost. What's so free about the original offer?

What about the elderly who wind up receiving this stuff every 3 months because they missed a deadline and they've given up their cc number? My mother had at least 10 bottles of this stuff on her counter, more than she could ever take in 3 months. She had beginning stages of Alzheimers. Is this how they make their money?

Good product but bad business. Yet they claim "corporate and civic responsibility". Fax to them, outlining the above, brought no response.

Would "class action" help to change this?

Your trust is our top priority

• 100% user-generated content
  • Professional automated and live moderation
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Equal Opportunity and Protection
  • Verified content

Purity products scammed me

Hi Allison.

We called and left you a message. You were not set up for any other shipments or charged for any products. You were charged for shipping for your trial only. We issued you a credit for the shipping charge of the trial order. We believe the issue is resolved. If for any reason you feel the issue is still unresolved, please call our Customer Care Manager, Joel Joseph, at 1-888-769-7873.
Loss

I responded to the radio ad and asked about the free bottle of ha.i also said I wanted it until I was told about the sign up for automatic renewal and resupply etc. I then told the rep to cancel.

My free bottle and any other bottle or product. Asked they even delete the credit card info. And what did I get? The bottle in the mail and a charge on my credit card.

Again, asked customer service to delete the charge and take back the product. They refused because I initially (before I had all details and facts and before the call ended) agred to the free bottle. Now quite seriously, how desperate must a corn pant be to still send the product? I was very clear and explicit.

I wanted nothing from purity products to come to my home...and I can't get any customer service rep to help me! I so wish I would have checked the ratings on line before the call! They claim they have good ratings with the BBB but I have no idea when that would have been from, what year?

Certainly no recently if you read the reviews I have today!

Never before have I dealt with customer service so unwilling to listen or help, or sales dept so deceptive and misleading. Sad...

Purity Products's reply to:

Purity Products tries to evade cancelation

Hi Randy,

We left you a message on 12/26. We have issued you a full credit for the last order and we also have sent a prepaid UPS label for you to return the package at no charge. If for any reason you feel the issue is still unresolved, please call our Customer Care Manager, Joel Joseph, at 1-888-769-7873.

Update by user Jan 22, 2013

After I had to get involved to cancel an order my wife placed I was told it would now be cancelled. That was $113 more than I wanted of their product so I requested a refund for the product that was delivered after we tried to cancel. I was told I would need to ship the product back at my expense and then they would process and send refund. Unacceptable.

I have a friend in the state attorney general office who advised me how to proceed. I told the company that would be my next call. They reviewed their position and gave me an immediate refund and sent a shipping label to return the package at their expense.

Lesson learned. I will not deal with them again cant stop the automatic shipping.

Original review posted by user Dec 22, 2012

Purity Products wants to stop you from canceling your auto ship orders. Don't order from these people!

My wife ordered the supplements. She found she couldn't take them without undue distress. I was able to take the supplements comfortably. Consequently we didn't need such a recurring volume monthly.

She called to cancel but was denied because the order was in my name or on my card. She's the one who placed it originally! Perhaps they should limit joint holders of cards from ordering product or perhaps that's precisely why they do it. It's a scam to keep you hooked.

They deny any knowledge of the prior cancelation attempt "we don't know who she spoke with". So they send another $113 worth of product that we tried to stop. They don't want to credit the card until they get they product back... At my expense and my trouble to ship.

I will be alerting my credit card to these tactics and I have a State Attorney friend.

He'll help. Never buy Purity Products, they may be good products but based on sales tactics that are very questionable I now must wonder about the integrity of the manufacturing process.

Purity Products Unauthorized Shipment Scheme

Hi James,

We left you a message. We have issued you a full credit and also sent a prepaid UPS label for the return. If for any reason you feel the issue is still unresolved, please call our Customer Care Manager, Joel Joseph, at 1-888-769-7873.

Update by user Jan 21, 2013

Purity refunded the money but did not admit to attempting to scam me. They told me that they would "listen to the tape" to check that I accepted enrollment in their automatic shipment program.

They never told me if they did that and I assume that they already knew that in fact I did not enroll but they hoped I would give up and buy anyway.

Purity fraudulently charged my card causing an overdraft and I had to cancel my card for fear they would do it again. They cannot be trusted.

Original review posted by user Dec 21, 2012

This morning 12/21/12 I had a charge on my debit card from Purity Products that created an overdraft on my account. I call Purity and spoke with "Tim" who "assured" me that Purity was not operating a scam.

I cancelled my Purity account and asked to have the money refunded immediately. Purity can't/won't do that until their "Supervisor Craig" has "listened to the tape" and ascertains that the customer did indeed NOT order the automatic reship program. That could not be done immediately, however, and I have to call back today or tomorrow. Meanwhile, I have called my bank to dispute the transaction and cancel my debit card because I worry about account security with Purity.

I think Purity is scamming me. I would never have authorized an open-ended reship program after my experience with them in 2010 where I was also surprised with shipments/charges and later had my card cancelled after Purity was hacked. Purity uses sharp practices to sell its products and hopes that disappointed customers will give up in the face of the rigmarole and put up with it.

Here's a hint: any company that has to have a "supervisor" come on the line and claims to record the transaction to verify what you agreed to is probably operating a boiler room type of scam. Shame on me for realizing it too late.

Purity Products - Lack of promised refund by your company

Hi Madeline,

We left you a message on 12/17 to let you know that we issued you a full credit for the package that was returned as well as the shipping charge. If for any reason you feel the issue is still unresolved, please call our Customer Care Manager, Joel Joseph, at 1-888-769-7873.
ID

When I ordered Vitamin D pills around 6 weeks ago (approximately Nov. 12th) I was sent the bottles of Vitamin D and one of Omega 3 oil, and I have been using them. About one month to 3 weeks ago, $169.00 was automatically withdrawn from my account by your company and I was told additional products from Purity Products would be in the mail. I never ordered additional products, and to my knowledge, I never gave anyone permission to remove that much money from my bank acct.!

When I called your company over two weeks ago, I was told that when the new pills arrived, just send them back. I sent them back the same day that they arrived at my home. That was over two weeks ago and I still have not received my refund in my bank account. I want nothing to do with this company and I want MY MONEY returned immediately. I feel as if I've been robbed. The man I spoke with on the phone about my $169.00 kept trying to sell me more products! Promises and nonsense! Return my money, or I will seek legal compensation.

Madeline L. Powell

Compare Purity Products vs Melaleuca

Latest Question

Purity Products Questions

Purity Products - Pure ***

To summarize the call we had with you on 12/17, we cancelled all future orders and will issue a full credit as soon as the package is returned to us. If for any reason you feel the issue is still unresolved, please call our Customer Care Manager, Joel Joseph, at 1-888-769-7873.
Loss

Not only did Purity Products charge a card of mine of which its information was NOT GIVEN TO THEM, they did NOT REFUND my money after returning the shipment which I paid to send back with their *** return authorization code. I'd like to shove their magical pills up their fat white ....

What happened to honest business and customer service? They feed you with lies and then take what they can get until someone either notices and tries to work it out on their terms or takes the loss and cuts off their debit card.

It's funny how fast the money comes off your card with the automatic charges but there's no action to satisfy a customer in a timely refund, if the refund comes at all! Purity Products should be banned from the radio and the marketplace, as any business should that wrongfully keeps people's money and steals their information.

Hi Edward.

We called and left you a message. To recap, we have issued you a full credit and also sent a prepaid UPS Label for the return. If for any reason you feel the issue is still unresolved, please call our Customer Care Manager, Joel Joseph, at 1-888-769-7873.
Purity Products Thieves

I recently requested a free sample of a couple of products offered by purity products, I paid $4.95 shipping. I received the products and put them aside to give to a friend, they sent a bunch of typical junk mail as well and the invoice which I also set aside.

They went a head a charged my credit card $155 dollars for additional orders which I never agreed to, I called them up and complained, they said they would credit my bank account with half the money $75 in 3 to 5 business days. Oh yes they also said they sent the first mailing out at 4AM that day via UPS, once I receive the package I could send it back to them for the rest of my money back. I called UPS they told me they never pickup packages at that time, I gave them the tracking number which they said was not in house at 8:30 AM that same day. These folks are professional liars, please do not do business with them, join me in praying to God that he destroys companies like this.

At no time does their advertisement on TV say you will be sent additional products and your credit card charged. This company is a bunch of crooks and thieves, someone please sue them.

Hi Roland,

A representative left you a message to confirm that your orders have been cancelled. If for any reason you feel the issue is still unresolved, please call our Customer Care Manager, Joel Joseph, at 1-888-769-7873.
Loss

If the customer asks to cancel you need to honor that request. The product is good and does relieve pain and suffering but the QE and other increases means that we are in arrears on insulin to tune of $600 and cannot afford food half of each month.

So when we ask to stop it is serious and we mean it. Companies like Purity should be forced by law to also reimburse for the cascade of NSF fees when they repeatedly refuse to honor request to stop sending and taking $ out of our account. We have been trying to stop Purity since last year and every 3 months we get unpleasant surprise in our bank account. We have more product than we want or need and have given it away.

For people who cannot afford food or insulin this is ridiculous. LET US GO!

Or let us order 1X only when we feel we can afford it.

Hi Denise,

A representative tried to reach out to you to resolve this matter. We believe it’s been resolved. If for any reason you feel the issue is still unresolved, please call our Customer Care Manager, Joel Joseph, at 1-888-769-7873.
Loss

They sent me an order that I didn't order. I had to call twice because I got hung up on the first time.

It's a VERY long wait to talk to a person. When I finally got through to tell them take me out of their system, and I wanted to send it back they said I have to pay to send it back!!!

I even talked to a manager named Michelle, and she said it was their policy and I would have to pay. I wouldn't recommend them to anyone unless you like to have more aggravation in your life!

Purity Products difficult to cancel

We tried to call you and we left you a message. We apologize for the inconvenience. Our system was having issues during the severe weather, which caused it hang up on you several times when you called on 10/29/12. We confirm the order was cancelled. If for any reason you feel the issue is still unresolved, please call our Customer Care Manager, Joel Joseph, at 1-888-769-7873.
Loss

The radio ad never mentioned that I would be automatically signed up for future products ( = future charges ) if I called and accepted their free bottle of Krill oil. Right after I received the free bottle ($4.95 shipping) I called to cancel all future charges.

It took me about 30 minutes to get that done! Their computer hung up on me 3 times when I responded to cancel future charges.

When I finally got hold of a surly, argumentative human it took another 10 minutes to cancel while he kept berating me w/ other future offers. I am avoiding Purity Products like the plague and I hope you all do too.

Hi Thomas,

We have refunded you in full. We left you a message to confirm it with you.
Loss

I purchased the Omega 3 with Krill Oil which made me sick. I called to return it and had to listen to 5 minutes of a hard sell trying to get me to keep it.

He asked me if I take it with food and when I said yes he told me to take it without food. I told him the label clearly states to take it with food. He finally understood I did not want it. I received an RMA# and shipped it back via USPS.

I called 2 weeks later for status and got this nasty women who told me they never received it. I asked if it possibly got lost in the warehouse since it was never returned to me undeliverable. She put me on hold for 5 minutes to speak with a supervisor. She came back on and offered a 50% refund which I am still waiting for.

This doesn't smell right to me (BTW-just like the nasty Krill oil) and after seeing all these other complaints I advise not to purchase anything from this company. They definitely need a lesson in good business practices!