Auto-ship | Purity Products in Raleigh, North Carolina

Made a mistake of ordering from Purity Products and have to admit I liked the product. Three months later a duplicate order arrived. I called and asked, why? Apparently they auto-ship, so I politely asked to please stop auto-shipping and they agreed. a few months later made another order and like clockwork a duplicate order arrived three months later. I called and asked them to exterminate my account, but was put on hold three times and each time the customer service rep came back she tried to either sell me something else at an incredible offer, give me some special pricing or try to set up auto-shipping every six months instead of three months. ***, I felt like I was dealing with a telemarketer or trying to leave a Toyota dealership and getting asked " what do we need to do to get you in this car today?" Do yourself a favor and never order from this company, I know I will never. The sad part is, their product is nice, but if I have to monitor their every move I'll just go to my local Health food store or the vitamin section at Wholefoods and leave with the peace of mind that the next time I go to Wholefoods, I won't have extra product in my grocery cart without me putting it there.

We are sorry you had this experience. We want to get to the bottom of this matter immediately.

Unfortunately, we don’t have enough information from your post to find the order in question. Please e-mail us at ppresponse@purityproducts.com with your preferred contact info and someone will be in touch ASAP.

Reason of review
Poor customer service
Purity Products's reply to:

Purity Products Unauthorized Shipment Scheme

Hi James,

We left you a message. We have issued you a full credit and also sent a prepaid UPS label for the return. If for any reason you feel the issue is still unresolved, please call our Customer Care Manager, Joel Joseph, at 1-888-769-7873.
Loss

Update by user Jan 21, 2013

Purity refunded the money but did not admit to attempting to scam me. They told me that they would "listen to the tape" to check that I accepted enrollment in their automatic shipment program.

They never told me if they did that and I assume that they already knew that in fact I did not enroll but they hoped I would give up and buy anyway.

Purity fraudulently charged my card causing an overdraft and I had to cancel my card for fear they would do it again. They cannot be trusted.

Original review posted by user Dec 21, 2012

This morning 12/21/12 I had a charge on my debit card from Purity Products that created an overdraft on my account. I call Purity and spoke with "Tim" who "assured" me that Purity was not operating a scam.

I cancelled my Purity account and asked to have the money refunded immediately. Purity can't/won't do that until their "Supervisor Craig" has "listened to the tape" and ascertains that the customer did indeed NOT order the automatic reship program. That could not be done immediately, however, and I have to call back today or tomorrow. Meanwhile, I have called my bank to dispute the transaction and cancel my debit card because I worry about account security with Purity.

I think Purity is scamming me. I would never have authorized an open-ended reship program after my experience with them in 2010 where I was also surprised with shipments/charges and later had my card cancelled after Purity was hacked. Purity uses sharp practices to sell its products and hopes that disappointed customers will give up in the face of the rigmarole and put up with it.

Here's a hint: any company that has to have a "supervisor" come on the line and claims to record the transaction to verify what you agreed to is probably operating a boiler room type of scam. Shame on me for realizing it too late.

Purity Products's reply to:

30 Day Advertised Supply Turns Into 15 Day Supply | Purity Products in Charlotte, North Carolina

We apologize that you feel our free bottle promotion was misleading. We assure you this was not our intention. While the product you received is a full one month supply, we do recommend doubling the dose during the first two weeks for optimal results. We hope you will decide to give us another try. We have been in business for over 18 years and have more than two million customers and are still growing because of our commitment to excellent customer service.
Purity Products Customer Care

In response to Purity Products' radio advertised 30-day supply of it's product, when I placed my order, I was told to double-up the dosage, which turns my 30-day supply into a 15-day supply. I went ahead and placed my order.

But now, I feel this is deceptive advertising. Their customer service was very nice when I called back to cancel my order, and though my order had already been shipped, they offered me a reduced price for future shipments. But I already have a very bad taste in my mouth with this company, and I feel I cannot fully trust them. If they are to recommend a double dosage, they should double the ammount of the order.

Very misleading. Very!!!!