Show reviews that mention
order credit card customer products card customer service money credit account service
Filter review

Purity products scammed me

Hi Allison.

We called and left you a message. You were not set up for any other shipments or charged for any products. You were charged for shipping for your trial only. We issued you a credit for the shipping charge of the trial order. We believe the issue is resolved. If for any reason you feel the issue is still unresolved, please call our Customer Care Manager, Joel Joseph, at 1-888-769-7873.
Service
Purity Products Customer Care
Loss

I responded to the radio ad and asked about the free bottle of ha.i also said I wanted it until I was told about the sign up for automatic renewal and resupply etc. I then told the rep to cancel.

My free bottle and any other bottle or product. Asked they even delete the credit card info. And what did I get? The bottle in the mail and a charge on my credit card.

Again, asked customer service to delete the charge and take back the product. They refused because I initially (before I had all details and facts and before the call ended) agred to the free bottle. Now quite seriously, how desperate must a corn pant be to still send the product? I was very clear and explicit.

I wanted nothing from purity products to come to my home...and I can't get any customer service rep to help me! I so wish I would have checked the ratings on line before the call! They claim they have good ratings with the BBB but I have no idea when that would have been from, what year?

Certainly no recently if you read the reviews I have today!

Never before have I dealt with customer service so unwilling to listen or help, or sales dept so deceptive and misleading. Sad...

Hi Thomas,

We have refunded you in full. We left you a message to confirm it with you.
Loss

I purchased the Omega 3 with Krill Oil which made me sick. I called to return it and had to listen to 5 minutes of a hard sell trying to get me to keep it.

He asked me if I take it with food and when I said yes he told me to take it without food. I told him the label clearly states to take it with food. He finally understood I did not want it. I received an RMA# and shipped it back via USPS.

I called 2 weeks later for status and got this nasty women who told me they never received it. I asked if it possibly got lost in the warehouse since it was never returned to me undeliverable. She put me on hold for 5 minutes to speak with a supervisor. She came back on and offered a 50% refund which I am still waiting for.

This doesn't smell right to me (BTW-just like the nasty Krill oil) and after seeing all these other complaints I advise not to purchase anything from this company. They definitely need a lesson in good business practices!

Purity Products - Money order sent for promotional never received the vitamin D

Hi Naniwea, Our customer care specialists have been in contact with you and have shipped you the products. For reference, your account number is 100889046 and the order number is 23234951. If you feel this issue is still unresolved, please call our Customer Care Manager, Joel Joseph, at 1-888-769-7873.
Service
Purity Products Customer Care

Sent a money order for promotional for vitamin D and Omega never received the products,m.o.#6736489-3 on 1/15/2012.Over the past year I have ordered many products from this company and what I don't understand is why when you call 2 different reps can't go into your account and can't solve a relatively simple problem,it almost makes you want to stop dealing with companies by mail and buy direct.In believe firmly in holistic health,but what I've notice over the years is that customer service is lacking these days

Purity Products - Shame on you- sneaky thieves

We are sorry you feel that way. We have been in business for over 18 years and have more than two million customers and are still growing because of our commitment to excellent customer service. If any issue is unresolved, please call our Customer Care Manager, Joel Joseph, at 1-888-769-7873.
Loss

The radio offer for HA Joint Formula was aired. I called and understood that there would be a shipping charge. After giving the operator all the information she requested, including credit card info, etc, she proceeded to tell me that by accepting this offer, I have given Purity products permission to charge my credit card for future orders for the same product.

These future orders would include a three month supply of the HA formula and would automatically be shipped and charged. Everything is going smoothly and they get you by surprise right after you give them all the information. You are suddenly torn and confused but you say yes anyway.

And then, she makes an additional offer for another product just as you are reeling and trying to figure out what just happened. Had they announced on the air that there was an underhanded scheme hooked into this free offer, I never would have called at all.

#194164

I heard at the radio ad about purity product and they offered to send free sample of 3 omega that we can use for 15 days , they did not say anything more only I need to pay $4.95 shipping . So I called them and I gave all my information to the customer service guy that was unpatient and kind of rude .

He was speaking very very fast and I am asking him in polite way please can you speak slower as english not my first language. Then I asked him how much the charge is going to be . He said $4.95 only . Then after days I recieved this free sample .

Today I went to my PO box to be in surprise that those thieves sent me three big bottles of 3 Omega and they charged my credit card $119.85 without my permission . I am really pissed off this night of Saturday that I need to wait until Monday to speake with their customer service to see what the *** is going on .

Those thieves they need to be suied for their fraud , sneaky way in charging the customers .

Did anyone notice the "ethnicity" of the name of the founder of this company???

Does anyone remember Bernie Made Off who "made Off" with other peoples money??

Does anyone get the drift of my question???Perhaps people should and then they would better understand what drives this kind of people....it's love of money. They are a people who would scam anyone for a price.

Brian M is completely accurate...This is EXACTLY the same thing that happened to me. I did not agree to the Super Saver Program, but it was shown (smaller print)on the zero invoice included with my first supposedly free shipment.

A customer service rep told me that this constituted an agreement to accept the terms. How many people pore over a zero invoice? Not many, apparently, and that's another way they have ripped off their customers. This unauthorized charge of $164.70 has cost me $35 to date, since as a widow on a fixed income, it bounced.

I have yet to see whether it will cause other checks to bounce...I will never deal with this company again. I will, however, write letters, complain to my radio station of the intentional ripoff of their listeners, I will contact others about a class action suit, and complain loudly to everyone who will listen.

I have done business with Purity Products over the years. I have not had an issue with canceling auto ships.

I did learn one thing, not just from Purity Products but from anything advertised over the radio or tv. NEVER order via the phone, always order online. You get what you want without someone wanting to sell you products you are not interested in.

They get too pushy and when you say no thanks, they keep pushing. Online is the only way to go !!

They got me too. I agreed to a free suply and I pay shipping and handling.

and if I like it $19.99. I got a shipment the next month for a 3 month supply and they took out $164.00 from my checking without my permission. What a bunch of crooks. I am looking into a class action lawsuite.

I have contacted Willie Gary from Stuart Florida. When I called purity products, the superviser was professional and nice.

if they dont try to rip people of than why dont they sell there products in health and vitamin stores instead of over the phone. after they have you creit card# they will keep sending you the products even if you trid to cancell and keep charging your card. i must add though i would try there products if i could find them in health stores but for now will not give them my cc# over the phone.

Dear Confur928,

I apologize for your frustration. The Radio program you heard offers a free bottle of our product for just the price of shipping. When customers call to take advantage of that promotion, the representative explains that the first bottle is completely free, and if you like the product, you can remain on the Super Saver auto-ship program which guarantees a discounted price for any future orders, or you can cancel (future orders are optional). When you called in, if all you wanted was the free bottle of our product, shipping is all that you should have been charged. We do record all of our phone calls so we are able to go back and make certain that the offer was presented properly. Please call our Customer Care Management Team directly at toll free 1-888-769-7873 and they will make sure that this matter is resolved to your full satisfaction. We take great pride in our products and our customer service which has helped us maintain an A+ Rating with the Better Business Bureau.

Respectfully,

Lori Michel

Q.C. Manager

View more comments (6)

Purity Products sent vitamins I did not order

We want to make sure this issue was resolved, but unfortunately we don't have your contact information. If this matter is still unresolved, please call our Customer Care Manager, Joel Joseph, at 1-888-769-7873.
ID

I would like to know how Purity Products got my name, address and credit card number without my knowledge.

They mailed vitamins to me for "Free" (1 Pkg. Ultra-Pure Omega 3) that I did not order and now they want me to pay shipping fees. That is how they make their illegal money. Not by selling the product but by collecting outlandish shipping fees.

I am sending the vitamins back unopened and I will pay the return shipping gladly to the US Post Office but I will not pay Purity for shipping a product I did not order or want.

I am going to file a formal LEGAL complaint to the authorities. They are stealing credit card numbers and addresses from unsuspecting internet users.

Everyone should file complaints with the police, when they are scammed.

Beware of Purity Products, 200 Terminal Dr. Plainview, NY 11803

Your trust is our top priority

• 100% user-generated content
  • Professional automated and live moderation
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Equal Opportunity and Protection